I found this on another blog and since Garry recently reminded me of this passage, I thought I would share it with you.
This morning I keep thinking about the disciples in the boat when they were caught in a fierce storm that was forcing them to an imminent death. The only thing they cared about was survival, much less faith in their Master who was sleeping in the helm.When they had done all they could and come to the end of their rope, they turned to Jesus and begged for His protection, stating what was sure to shortly become the obvious: "Master, we're drowning!"His response? "Where is your faith?"And turning to face the tumult He commanded, "Peace be still."The wind subsided, the waves forsook their beating, the thunder was quieted, and peace calmed the tides.
Where is my faith? The faith that God who has always been there is still there. Faith for the unseen. Faith to place my trust and hope in Him completely. Perhaps when Jesus poised that question to His disciples, it was another way of saying, "Why are you so upset and frightened? Didn't you know that I was here? Didn't you know that I would keep you from drowning? I'm God! This is Jesus. He controls the real wind and waves as well as the ones in our lives. He can do anything. And when you know someone who can do anything, why waste time with worry about drowning?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment