Friday, August 8, 2008

Craziness!

This cartoon was timely considering my crazy week at work. One of the computers got a virus, so we added a new security package to our Internet service. The new security system blocked the printer that everyone uses that is attached to my computer. Seems the firewall was overly protective of my computer and would not allow access to anyone else. So the tech had to come back and change the settings. Then the next morning I discovered that somehow my medical software had been deleted. So I spent half the morning with one ear with the computer tech on the phone (thank God for earpiece phones) and the other ear with headset so I could type my transcription, running back and forth from the two computers.

But the kicker was that it also messed up my e-mail, so when I called Clearwire, they were not wanting to give me any information, because my name was not on the account. It was of course, in my bosses name. I knew that because I set it up! They did not want to tell me anything until they talked to him. I tried to tell the guy that the boss knew nothing of the passwords, security questions, nada! But he insisted on talking to him and since he was in surgery...Jokingly, I told him the mailman was due any minute and I would tell him to say he was the doctor.... I mean really .. how do they know who they are talking to? Finally, I had to call Clearwire back and I got someone else who told me that as long as I knew the password and answer to the security question, I didn't need to have my name added to the account. urrrggggghhhh! ! ! Frustrating!

If reminded me of several years ago, when Kara was changing something on her cell phone and because for some reason, we had it put in Mike's name, Sprint would not let us change anything without talking to Mike. And since Mike was at work, we woke Ryan up. I had written down Mike's social security number and date of birth, anything I thought they might ask and told Ryan to give them permission to talk to me, which he did.... and they made the changes we wanted.

Crazy!

No comments: