Friday, June 6, 2008

Storm escapes us!

We did escape the brunt of last nights ugly storms but many surrounding areas did not. The winds or a tornado hit Quanah pretty hard and Oklahoma still has thousands without electricity. Many travelers on 287 were backed up because electrical lines were down on the highway. We did get 4/10ths of a inch of rain though.

This is from Joe Browns little article in today's paper. We are all pretty tired of this vicious wind.

I can’t remember weather like this. Yes, we have had many more 100 degree days, but not this early in the year. I cannot recall having day after day of 50 mph winds, either. Maybe it happened back in the Dust Bowl, but I was just a youngster then. Be sure and write this week down in your diary, for it will be something to remember, since it won’t happen again for a long time.

I hope you are right Mr. Brown. This wind could drive a person crazy!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Glad ya'll made it through!!