Thursday, November 27, 2008

Season for Thanksgiving

Thankful for: a long weekend to get some R & R.
a new boss, same job and more job security.
great family, friends, neighbors, co-workers,
comfy home
good health
cars that go (since my old car died at stop lights)
The four seasons. I love fall the most, but glad to have a variety. (not too crazy about the 'fifth season' here in tornado alley)
Books that entertain
Modern conveniences: Garage door openers (when we were kids, we wanted to buy Dad one and he said he didn't need it, he had Mom. When we finally got him one, Mom was probably more grateful than Dad.
Dish washers (Janice was our dishwasher growing up, Maurine and I took turns drying), microwaves, computers (blogs that keep long distance family members in touch)
Family get togethers such as today with lots of great food, fellowship, and fun!
Cameras that capture the moment. (Hopefully, I will have some pictures to share with you later.)

And I have much more to be grateful for.

On this day, here's hoping you too are celebrating with your family and friends, because that is what is most precious in life. Celebrate the temporary~

No comments: