Friday, March 28, 2008

What is it?


This was in with some of Mom and Dad's stuff. I have always been curious as to exactly what it is and where it came from. I can only guess that maybe one of the missionaries that they supported gave it to them or maybe it came from one of Dad's Chinese friends. I would guess that it is a child's hat. It is made of a lightweight gauze material and the beige middle part looks kind of metallic and it is made of braided paper. The paper braid was stitched on from the inside with two large rows of one-inch stitches. Any ideas?
If you want a closer look, just double click on the picture.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bryan says maybe something from Isreal - the holy land - didn't they go there? He can't remember..?

Jeanie said...

I think Bryan maybe right. Mom and Dad never went there but the Harmons did. They brought back three miniature wooden camels for them but maybe they brought this to them too.