Saturday, September 11, 2010

All booked up


I feel like I hit the jackpot at the library this week. They had several books on their hold shelf reserved for me. I finished The Mountain between Us by Charles Martin last night. It was good. I have read all of his books and they never disappoint. Now I have to pick which one out of this stack to read next. It almost feels like Christmas when I load my loot into the car. I can't resist reading the fly leaf at stop lights on the drive home. I know, it's almost as bad as texting and driving. I really need to put the books in the trunk so I won't be tempted. I keep thinking I will buy some books for my iPad, but most things other than classics cost $$$ and the library is FREE!~ (One of my favorite words, by the way) Janice told me about the book, Nothing to Envy It tells about the difficulty of life in North Korea. I can't wait to read that one.... I usually get on line and check the star rating on Amazon of the books I check out and most of these books are rated 4 to 5 stars. So many books, so little time.... When I worked at the bookstore (it seems like a hundred years ago) I picked up a bookmark that read, "I'm a novel lover, but I'm booked for the night" :)

No comments: