Sunday, April 18, 2010

San Antonio Trip










































We had a nice visit with Janice and Kenny this weekend. It rained quite a bit of the time that we were there, but it did seem to stop when we went shopping in Boerne and in San Antonio. Kenny screened in their back patio and we spent quite a bit of time there visiting and enjoying the rain, thunder and lightening. Kenny did a great job on his landscaping, I am inspired to work on my back yard. I brought home a loquat tree to see if it will grow here and survive the winters. The giant tree branch picture was taken at a home in Alamo Heights. They have such great old oak trees there. The wildflowers were beautiful, the bluebonnets and Indian paintbrush were thick on the highway shoulders. I only wish I could have stopped on the side of the road to take more pictures.
Oh and we had great food too. I had schnitzel at Little Gretel's in Boerne. I had never tried it before but it was delicious. We also ate at Cappy's in San Antonio where our handsome Hispanic waiter had a voice that matched George Clooney's. Why, he could have talked to us all day! We had bran muffins with strawberry butter and a sticky Carmel cake. OMG, I ate way too much! Good times~ (You can click to enlarge any picture)

No comments: