Monday, December 29, 2008

The Cat's in the Cradle

Mike and I watched the movie 'Click' with Adam Sandler the other night. You probably remember it. It's the movie where Sandler's character has a universal remote control that lets him fast forward through his life and he gets to look into the future as to what becomes of his family while he is a workaholic who spends little time with them. It reminded us of when our two were little. Mike worked a lot of overtime and if I thought he was missing an opportunity to spend quality time with them, I would just pass by and say, "The Cats in the Cradle". Mike and I both love that song by Harry Chapin and he would most often get my message. The chorus is:
And the cat's in the cradle and the silver spoon, Little boy blue and the man in the moon."When you coming home, dad?" "I don't know when, But we'll get together then, son.You know we'll have a good time then."

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's actually a favorite of mine too and i was just a little girl when it came out.

Mara said...

I also like that song