Friday, April 18, 2008

I feel vindicated

For years, I have been telling my doctors that one of my allergy medications causes insomnia. The doctors, my allergist and my internist told me that Singulair is best if taken at night. When I told them that I discovered that was the cause of my insomnia, they told me that insomnia was not a side effect of Singulair. My internist even told me that he takes Singulair and he didn't sleep well, but he thought that was probably a side effect of his job, not the medicine. I told him that he should discontinue the Singulair for two weeks and see if he sleeps better!

Now the FDA has issued a
warning. Not only does Singulair now have a listed side effect of insomnia, but also of suicide.... But if you go very long without sleeping, you DO feel suicidal, don't you! When my allergies get bad, I now have a prescription for the child chewables of Singulair. I still have to be careful and take it early in the day.

So there Merck and doctors! Listen to your patients!

No comments: