Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Yeohweee~


I made a roast this week (my version of Paula Deen's recipe) and I decided to add a few chipotle peppers to the recipe. If you like a little bite to your food try adding these to your next recipe. The original idea came from the Liberty Bar in San Antonio. I couldn't find their recipe, so I just added these to my old faithful one. Oh, and if you are in the San Antonio area, stop by the Liberty Bar. They have moved down the road and are now in an old building that was formerly a convent. Tell Dwight, the owner that I said Hi...(I used to work with his sister). I imagine these peppers would be a great addition to any recipe to spice it up. I may try it this fall in a pot of chili. My roast was quite hot. Next time I will only add 2 or 3 peppers instead of the 4 or 5 that I put in it this time. I froze the rest of the peppers to use at a later date. Kara and Joey loved the extra hot roast. No Tabasco needed. I ate the roast, it was delicious, but I consumed a great amount of water to get it all down....

No comments: