Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Sizzling Summer


My niece Mara, from Greece, wanted to know why I hadn't posted much lately. Well, this time of year, I pretty much hibernate indoors. Summer is my least favorite season. I have been reading a lot and playing around on my iPad, (playing Words with Friends is keeping me busy as I usually have about 6 games going at once) And I am not doing much else, except my dangerous hobby of baking. Because I am my own worst enemy. I eat, therefore, I bake. I bake, therefore, I eat... Sweets are my favorite thing. Can I blame it on hereditary as Mom had a major sweet tooth too?
Kara, Joey, and I did go to Lake Nocona Sunday afternoon. It was sweltering! I kayaked for a few minutes, laid out for a few minutes, and then went to the screened in porch and read my book the rest of the time. The video is of Joey trying out the tire swing that Jim put up. We then ate at the Peach Orchard, but they were not having a very good night. The food was not too good.

1 comment:

Mara said...

Okay I was just checking, keep cool. I also have the sweet tooth but lucky for me it gets really hot if I turn the oven on, so I don't bake as much as I would like too!