Sunday, November 4, 2007

Season of Thanksgiving

What If.... we would all have our own personal heaven? And our heaven would consist of those things in which we have given thanks. What would you find in your "heaven"?

In this era when a lot of people think that the more that you have, the happier you will be, we need to just take time to be thankful for what we do have and realize how fortunate we are.

This was on PostSecret today in response to someone sending in a postcard saying that they were poor and their children didn't know it.

Once I was driving up Pacific Coast Highway on my way to work on a movie set at a mansion on the beach in Malibu. It was a nice day and there was a clunker of a car driving next to me with all the windows open. It was a 'poor' Mexican family. They were all smiling and singing. The father looked kind. The kids looked happy. I saw them and hoped that someday I would have a rich life like that.

Message found in a fortune cookie: Rich is the man who knows he has enough.
Wishing you a rich life, full of friends, family, and the simple things that bring you joy!

Oh, yes, I am thankful for so much, but most of all my family and friends!... and a nice job... good neighbors.... comfortable home, .....and the list goes on.....and on.....

1 comment:

Leslie said...

I read Post Secret too and I feel so connected to other people when I read because I am reminded that we all much more similar than different. I am thankful for so much, especially when I think back to this time last year and we did know if Owen was ever going to join our family. I am thankful for my family, my friends, my health all of the family blogs that have sprouted up this year. I'm really looking forward to Thanksgiving and reconnecting with you!