January 15, 1978 Mike and I awoke to our first day of married bliss... or so I thought. I made Mike an egg and cheese omelet. Yes, I had not had too much experience in the kitchen and yes, it was a little too buttery, I admit. But to hear Mike tell the tale throughout the years, "it was so runny you could drink it with a straw". Needless to say, Mike would not eat it.
And at first, he just never trusted me to fix breakfast, so if any "fixing" breakfast was done, Mike was the one in the kitchen, not me. And then before you know it, it is almost 30 years later. Now Mike keeps asking me when he will get breakfast made for him. In hindsight, it was one of the smartest things I have ever done, but really, it was not on purpose. But seeing as how I don't like mornings and have never been a big fan of breakfast, I have had a 3o year boycott of making breakfasts. I could not have planned it better.. But now the question is..... On January 15, 2008, 30 years after that fateful day, should the boycott be over? I am not sure... Why mess with a good thing? Mike makes awesome breakfasts. Sometimes he even serves me breakfast in bed so I can cuddle up and read the paper and eat. .... And he never serves me blinky milk. (family joke) What do you think? Continue the boycott? or end it?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
The boycott sounds like it's for a good cause, staying in bed later and getting breakfast served to you. I think you should keep it up.
Post a Comment