I have discovered a great site for any reader. http://www.bookreporter.com/ gives book reviews and more. You can register to be a reader of a soon to be published book and if you are chosen, they will send you an advanced copy of a book to review. All they ask is that you answer a few questions about the book. I was chosen and sent The Boy in the Striped Pajamas. It is a very thought provoking book about the child of a Nazi commandant and what he saw through the prison fence.
Also, when you send in a book review in their Word of Mouth section, you are automatically entered in that weeks drawing. I got three free books in the mail from doing that. I like to go to their site and write a list of good books and then go to our local library's site and reserve new books. A lot of times, the books are still on order, but I go ahead and reserve them and usually get first dibs!
Saturday, September 29, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I am going to sign up! Sounds like such a fun way to get engaged with new books.
Post a Comment