Joe reminded me of this recipe that Mom used to make. It is kind of a deluxe meat loaf. I couldn't find my recipe so Aunt Bonnie mailed me a copy. It says to bake it for 2 1/2 hours and that would probably be fine, but I baked it a little bit less, about 2 hours and 10 minutes. It will be a little burnt on top. And that is fine. It will still taste delicious.
Sirloin Souffle
Pour 2 cups of scalded milk over 6 slices of bread. Mix. Then add 1 1/2 to 2 1/2 lbs hamburger. (I used ground sirloin.) Add salt and pepper to taste. Take half of above and put in casserole dish. Put 1/2 can green chilie pepper (seeds removed) on top of beef. Put 1/2 lb. sliced cheese on top. Then add rest of beef. Repeat with another 1/2 can of chilie peppers and 1/4 lb of cheese. Pour 1 can mushroom soup and 1 can tomato sauce over top of all. Bake at 360 degrees for 2 1/2 hours.
If you prefer you can use regular green peppers instead of chili peppers.

No comments:
Post a Comment