Got this recipe from this blog Cowgirl at Heart. She calls them Cake Balls, but one of my friends bought a similar recipe from a local bakery for one of our game nights and they were called Angel Bites. I didn't try the red velvet ones, but the chocolate version tasted quite a bit like Ding Dongs. I plan to make these soon and I will let you know how they taste.
Disclaimer: I made these and decided to add 2 tubs of Cream Cheese Frosting and that was too much. Maybe if you chill the mixture, it would work, but impatient me just spread the mixture on a cookie sheet and then poured the melted white chocolate over it. Tastes yummy, but doesn't look as pretty.
Angel Bites
You will need:
1 box of Red Velvet cake
mix-1 to 2 cans of Cream Cheese cake frosting (I only used one and I think it would be better with a little more)
Vanilla Almond Bark
Crisco
wax paper
First, start melting almond bark in pan on stove. Use Crisco to thin for dipping. Be careful not to overheat.Bake the cake mix according to boxed directions. While still warm, crumble cake into large bowl and mix in cream cheese cake frosting. When mixed well, spoon into balls with scooper of some kind (I used a melon scooper and it worked really well).Use a slotted spoon or egg separator to dip balls into almond bark. Place on wax paper and let cool completely (I let them sit overnight, but you could also put them in the refrigerator for faster cooling). Serve and enjoy!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment